Saturday, May 29, 2010

Motherpeace Tarot

I ordered the Motherpeace Tarot a few days ago, and it arrived in the mail today. It's also my daughter's eighteenth birthday today, so I delighted in the coincidental timing of it's arrival. :) It's small size and round shape make it a delight to shuffle, and I love how there is an additional depth to the meanings of the cards depending on if they face left or right (they spin as you shuffle them). A very intuitive deck with primitive style illustrations that (to me) conjure up immediate impressions, without deep thought as to the traditional meanings of the cards.



As I was shuffling the deck a card in particular caught my eye, and I went back through the deck to find it. My first thought was that it was the World card, but alas it was actually Judgment.What a lovely card. The Egyptian ankh with a rainbow ray shining forth from it's heart onto the Earth. In the book that came with the deck, the description of this card is as follows:

"XX Judgment: The Goddess is the Egyptian ankh or life force pouring rainbow light from her heart. She is the planet Venus who has come to help her sister Earth at a critical time. The Goddess is asking for us humans to bring forth our best work. She accepts all our offerings. With these offerings the world becomes a better place in which to live."

When I found the card and pulled it from the deck, it was in a perfectly upright position. In the book, the meaning of this card in this position is as follows:

"Upright: Judgment is grounded in healing and love. She is connected to the Goddess in a way that goes beyond dogma and systems. She is able to give a lot to others without depleting her energy. There is a big change; a decision is made in the best interest of all."

I really like this deck so far and I'm looking forward to reading the book that came with it, as well as doing a spread. Many thanks to Ms. Eartha Stone for pointing me in it's direction. :D

http://www.motherpeace.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment